As a world leader in test prep, Kaplan has been helping students succeed on exams and get into their choice schools for more than 70 years. Kaplan had invested significant energy in developing a suite of online, offline, and hybrid products specific to its varying audiences, but its wide array of offerings bewildered customers. Despite its higher-score guarantee and free practice tests, Kaplan risked losing customers with a confusing online experience.
Kaplan needed a new site structure and extensible presentation of its products that could extend across audiences and business units (pre-college, grad, health, bar review). Happy Cog was tasked with helping students make a more informed buying decision and reducing barriers to purchase. We brought thoughtfulness to copy, refreshed the site to align with recent brand work, and improved functionality so Kaplan could illustrate its role as a helpful study partner.
- Chris Cashdollar Project definition, creative direction
- Jessica Ivins Project definition, architecture
- Patrick Marsceill Architecture & user experience
- Stephanie Hay Content strategy
- Michael Johnson Design concept, creative direction
- Stephen Caver Front-end development
- Jason Weaver Front-end development
- Brett Harned Project management